Frequently Asked Questions
What happens to my donations?
- Tangible Items – clothing, household items, and other like donations are checked and prepared to be given to our clients who demonstrate a need.
- Food - Food items are stored in appropriate places until they are able to be given to our clients.
- Monetary Donations – All monetary donations are put in the general operating fund unless specifically requested to use for a specific item.
100% of all donations given to God's Storehouse are channeled to our clients. No item donated will ever be sold. All monetary donations go directly to operations unless specifically designated for a particular purpose. We strive to make sure we get all donations to those who are in need in Columbia and the surrounding areas. Our Board is strictly volunteer. We have a small paid staff and most work is done by volunteers. Without our volunteers we would be unable to get the food, clothing, and household items to our clients.
Is my donation tax deductible?
All donations are tax deductible. When donating items you should get a receipt showing what items you have donated. We do not assign a monetary value to these items; it is up to the donor to put a fair value on their donations. Here are a few good sites to check your donations worth.
When can I drop off my donations?
- We are open for donations during normal operating hours of Monday through Thursday from 9AM to noon. (Clients are interviewed from 9AM until 11:30AM). If needed, you can arrange to take donations after hours. Please call the Storehouse to arrange a time with one of the Board members or the Manager: (803) 691-1622.
How can I help?
- Volunteer to sort clothing, canned goods, other donations, or filling orders in the pantry. We welcome smiling faces anytime.
- Volunteer to be a counselor. Clients sometimes just need someone to talk to or pray with.
- Volunteer for special projects or events by providing a number or e-mail address to be notified of special projects as they arise. (Thanksgiving, Christmas, Feed the Children events, painting etc.)
- Volunteer your talents by serving on our board to assist with fund raising and other worthwhile projects. (Our Board members cheerfully donate their time and talents.)