What is God’s Storehouse?
God’s Storehouse is a faith-based outreach program that assists the needy throughout the greater Columbia, SC, area. Staffed primarily by volunteers from area churches, God's Storehouse provides food, clothing and household supplies to our neighbors in crisis at no cost to them. Operating Monday through Thursday, we help an average of 25 families each day, and over the three years, we have assisted more than 30,000 individuals in need.
Our Guiding Purpose
The goal of God's Storehouse is to live out the Gospel of Jesus Christ in the Midlands region of South Carolina by assisting our economically disadvantaged residents, and to communicate the Gospel of Jesus Christ by means of the spoken and written word. Our purpose is not only to meet physical needs through the distribution of food, clothing and other material assistance, but also to minister to the causes as well as the effects of poverty, and wherever possible, to work to end that crisis in the lives of those who seek our help.
In order to accomplish this goal we at God's Storehouse strive to do the following:
- To cooperate with other charitable organizations, through grants and otherwise, which are working to develop a better habitat for economically disadvantaged people.
- To serve as a source of referral to other public and private agencies and to stimulate the cooperation of those groups in ministering to the emergency needs of needy persons.
- To serve as an extension of the ministry of participating church organizations, and to facilitate the helpful involvement of volunteers in community service.
- To provide a source of public information about human needs in the community to people or organizations so as to bring about and end to those needs in whatever manor possible.
God's Storehouse Board of Directors
- Ron Morgan, Chair
- Rev. Janis McCall Way, Vice Chair
- David Thompson, Treasurer
- Rev. Edward J. Kelley
- Rev. Robert Nicholes
God's Storehouse Volunteer Staff
- Smiley Tynes - Volunteer Coordinator and Operations Manager